Save on your bookings
- Receive the equivalent of €15 cash reward when first booking through Booking.com using this link!*
- Receive your first ride for free by entering the code silken2ue when signing up.
- Receive NZ$69 toward your first trip with Airbnb using this link (and if you were ever tempted to become an airbnb host, click here)!*
- Have you ever thought about a homeexchange instead of paying accomodation on a holiday or business trip, either simultaneously or non-simultaneously? Then receive 125 addition Guest Points (GP), just by using this link on Homeexchange. During the sign-up process, you are rewarded with so many GP (I earned 1,750 GP) that you can already stay for free in your first homeexchange (for example, one night at my beachhouse costs 136 GP).*
Camping and travel in New Zealand
- The staff at Global Wings Travel always come up with a cheaper flight than the one you are able to find. It’s worthwhile checking out this insider tip amongst Germans in New Zealand.
- Affordable, reliable and with extra personal care and support: Marisa’s and Marko’s Campervan Junior – just because the service is outstanding.
- Create a moment
- Canopy Camping – the slightly different camping experience
- Photo impressions on fernfotos.
- You’re about to go through a period of new beginnings? Then get inspired by Lisa and her horses!
- Get to know the Kiwis a bit better through the funny short episodes of Goetheinstitut New Zealand, Kiwi-German life swap.
- Are you flying Air New Zealand? Lucky you, they have the best safety videos! Here’s my personal favorite AirNewZealand-Safety video.
- Kiwi pronounciation: dick or deck?
- If you just experience an earth quake, find out everything about it on geonet.
- Where exactly is the other side of the world? antipodr.
- National Geographic – 6 Unexptected Cities for the Food Lovers (including Wellington)
- Not only does the Stony River in Taranaki have the best Schnitzel in New Zealand. No matter what Heimo cooks, it just tastes sensational at affordable prices. Served by Renate with a smile, Heimo regularly leaves the kitchen to check if the guests are happy. Booking is recommended.
International money transfer / transfers made less costly – It helps to compare between providers because the foreign exchange market changes constantly
- Through this ofx-link you save not only the one-off fees, you also receive a 0.65% better range off mid market rate. Customers not going through this link receive ca. 1.5% versus bank customers up to 4%, or even more if you change cash.*
- Through this currencyfair-link you receive a €30 premium.* Or this link for five free transfers.
- transferwise has often really good exchange rates.*
Travel literature and travel guides
- Sh*T Towns of New Zealand.*
- to come soon: my intercultural book about New Zealand, the first of its kind on the book market.
For the links marked with * I am also receiving a little premium.